Photography Work Experience Opportunity
SailGP’s Inspire Program is offering young photographers the opportunity to shoot alongside Bob Martin’s team at one of SailGP’s Season 4 events!
WHAT'S ON OFFER:
- We’re looking for someone who’s 18+, and who has a genuine desire to break into the world of professional sports photography. You don’t need to be a working pro already or to have a ton of long lenses and cutting-edge cameras – kit will be sourced for the event and we’re not going to assume advanced sports photography skills – but you do need to be serious about the business, and not just along for the ride.
- The photographer we choose has to be able to fit into a team situation, and they will have the chance to work as an intern alongside the legendary Bob Martin and his team as they take to the water to chase the high-speed SailGP competitors. Bob is renowned for his generosity in terms of sharing his knowledge and skills, and it’s an unmissable opportunity to learn first-hand from the best, and to come away with some amazing shots yourself as you get right into the heart of the action!
- Those who are looking to be considered will need to send through a portfolio of images, and Bob would then interview those who have made the shortlist to select the person who would be invited to attend. Professional Photo Magazine will subsequently run a feature reporting on the experiences of the selected photographer, and we’ll run a selection of the images they shoot.
If you would like to register for a work experience placement with SailGP's Photography Department please fill out the following application form:
For more details about the placement on offer, please contact SailGP's Learning and Careers Coordinator at the following email address: email@example.com
Successful candidates will be notified in due course. Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee that you'll be offered a place as we often receive more applications than we can provide for. Good luck!
- Work experience is when you gain practical wisdom with an employer by learning about a particular role, organization or career path. This is not a paid position.
- Applicants MUST be over the age of 18 at the time of their work experience placement.
- In order to reflect SailGP's drive to be as sustainable as possible, you are likely to be allocated a work experience placement as close to your home address as possible.