SailGP, one of the fastest-growing sports properties on the planet, has announced that tickets for the newest stop in its global championship, the Los Angeles Sail Grand Prix, are now on sale.
The City of Angels welcomes the nine national teams, including the United States, to its sun-soaked shores, July 22-23. Los Angeles is the second event on the 12-stop global tour, which will follow the Season 4 kick-off in Chicago, the Rolex United States Sail Grand Prix, June 16-17.
The nine teams, including sailing legend Jimmy Spithill’s home team, and defending champions Australia, will race identical F50 hydrofoiling catamarans, capable of highway speeds exceeding 60 mph. Fans will have a front-row seat to the close-to-shore action taking place on the Outer Harbor racecourse at the Port of Los Angeles, Berth 46.
“The Port of LA is well known by kitefoilers for its windy conditions and flat water,” said Spithill, Driver and CEO of the U.S. SailGP Team. “It’s going to be incredible for LA fans to experience the next level of racing with our F50s flying and maneuvering on such a tight race track.”
Ticket packages are available for grandstand seating at Berth 46, along with on-water viewing zones for privately-owned vessels.
WATERFRONT RESERVED (Grandstand)
Located directly on the waterfront within the SailGP Race Stadium at Berth 46, reserve your access to front-row bleacher seating that includes access to a variety of food and beverages available for purchase, alongside expert live commentary and a big screen broadcast to compliment the live racing experience.
- Bleacher seating at the water’s edge in the SailGP Race Stadium at Berth 46 with views of the race course and SailGP Team bases.
- Comfortable seating from which to enjoy the afternoon of racing. Seats are first come, first serve with multiple bleachers arranged along the water's edge
- Live commentary and broadcast viewing to compliment the live racing experience
- Food and beverage available for purchase
Bring Your Own Boat (BYOB) Program
Exclusive viewing areas on the water next to the racing all weekend when you bring your own boat. Receive access to the innermost edge of the public boating boundary and experience the speeds of the F50 catamarans like never before.
- The Bring Your Own Boat Premium ticket gives you access to the perfect position to enjoy the high-speed racing on the water – less than 50 meters away from the action – right on the racecourse perimeter. Includes a Bring Your Own Boat souvenir flag for access to the dedicated area.
- Boats without a flag will be held outside the exclusion zone, at least 200 meters behind the flag-bearing boats.