Waterfront Platinum - SOLD OUT!
Waterfront Platinum is undoubtedly the perfect place for any racing enthusiast where you will get the best view from the shore. Our guests will enjoy premium dining in the air conditioned Platinum lounge, complimentary drinks, premium grandstand seating, large screens and exciting live commentary, taking you through every heart-pounding moment of each race.
Bring Your Own Boat
Here you can watch the high-speed action on the water from less than 50m away from the action.
If you are planning to watch the Dubai Sail Grand Prix presented by P&O Marinas from your own boat, you will need to secure a flag to ensure you get the best vantage spot on the racecourse perimeter. Boats without a flag will be held outside the exclusion zone.
Purchasing a SailGP flag will get you the closest view of the action from your boat. This package includes:
- Exclusive access to both days of racing
- Preferred positioning in the front row, inside the exclusion zone and/or directly next to a turning mark
- Souvenir flag to fly on your boat, delivered to your home address
- Live race commentary over VHF
- We’ll offset your carbon footprint for each race day
Team Base Tours - SOLD OUT
Go behind the scenes at the SailGP Team Bases and enjoy an exclusive tour of the 'pit lane garages' where athletes and shore teams prepare the high-tech F50 race boats. Our tours offer a rare chance to see SailGP's elite athletes and the cutting-edge, wing-sailed boats up close, as the teams prepare for battle at Mina Rashid.
- Exclusive 45-minute guided tour of SailGP Team Bases
- Rare opportunity to see the SailGP athletes
- Climate positive ticket – offsetting the carbon impact of your time with us
Waterfront Access - LIMITED TICKETS REMAINING
Waterfront Access is situated in the heart of the Race Village. The Race Village includes big screens, race commentary, food and beverage, fan activations & merchandise stands. Live music will commence after racing.
SailGP has partnered with leading marine services agency BWA Yachting to manage and deliver SailGP Adrenaline Yachts – a premium superyacht experience taking place at each of the eleven Sail Grand Prix events in Season 3. The program offers an unprecedented experience and is designed for owners who want to witness the most exciting racing on-water from the comfort of their own yacht.
All attendees will be subject to a bag search. This is a condition of entry and will be carried out by our security team.
Are there any forbidden items?
Yes - you are not permitted to bring in glass, cans, BBQs, weapons, illegal substances, fireworks, flares, speakers etc into the event site. This is not an exhaustive list and any permissible items are at the discretion of our Security Manager based on our licensing conditions.
How can I buy a ticket for SailGP?
Tickets can be purchased online here
Are children permitted?
Yes, children under 5 years of age are free of charge.
How do I get my ticket and what happens if I can’t find my confirmation?
Tickets will be emailed to you at the time of purchase. Tickets will be scanned at the gates for fast entry - either on your mobile device or printed. If you can’t find your ticket, please contact email@example.com
What is the difference between Waterfront Access and Waterfront Platinum Admission?
Both tickets include entry into the Access Fan Village.
However, Waterfront Platinum is an exclusive area and guests will enjoy complimentary drinks, premium dining, grandstand seating, large screens and exciting live commentary, taking you through every heart-pounding moment of each race. Live music will commence after the racing.
Can I get a refund?
Please read the Refund Policy on our website.
When is the event?
The event is on Saturday 12th & Sunday 13th November 2022. The Fan Village is open 14:00 - 18:00 and the racing is approximately between 15:00 - 16:30.
Where in Dubai is the event?
Cruise Terminal 2, Mina Rashid, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
The F50s will race in the Cruise Terminal Basin, the finish line is in front of Adrenaline and Platinum Lounges.
Getting to the event
- By car/taxi - These is ample parking on site
Can I fly my own drone / UAV?
There is an Air Exclusion Zone in place during the event week and race days, covering both Fan Village area and Plymouth Sound. Drones are not permitted at any time during the event.
Can I bring my dog?
Dogs, aside from assistance dogs, are not permitted within ticketed areas.
Can I bring a Camera?
Cameras with long lenses are not permitted within the race village.
What is in the Fan Village?
A wide selection of food & beverages, live music, commentary and large screens, sponsor activations, toilets and much more including the winners presentation on stage.
Does the Fan Village have age restrictions?
All children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult and be in possession of a ticket. No tickets are required if a child is under the age of 5.
The site is flat and level, with access ramps for wheelchair users
Will this event take place rain or shine?
Yes - the event is scheduled to take place rain or shine. In the event of adverse weather conditions please check the sailgp.com/dubai website for updates.
Info for Boat Owners - FAQs
Where is the race?
The actual course is decided on the day, as this allows us to select the best course for weather conditions. All course routes are in Mina Rashid Cruise Terminal Basin
Can I watch the race from my own boat?
Absolutely. Tickets for the Bring Your Own Boat program can be purchased here. This allows us to share the correct information and latest course route information with you.
What time should I be in position?
One hour before racing. We’re expecting a large turnout of spectator craft, so you’ll want to get the best position. The race exclusion zone will be in place from 13:00.
What does the exclusion zone look like and when is it active?
The exclusion zone is identifiable by large visible orange buoys at regular intervals. Only flagged vessels may enter the exclusion zone.
The exclusion zone will be active between 13:00 - 17:00 on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
What are the rules on water?
Standard Maritime Law and Rules apply at all times. Mina Rashid is also home to the Cruise Terminal and the UAE Coastguard.
Can I fly my own drone / UAV?
Drones are not permitted at any time during the event. This includes both on land and over water.
Some key safety reminders:
- Emergency assistance. Standard emergency procedures and methods apply.
- Know your plan - Preparation is key. Ensure you have prepped and checked your vessel, equipment and any other gear. Make sure you know the local conditions and rules where you're going.
- Lifejacket - Wear one of the right size and type at all times. Each person on board must have one.
- Communication - have at least two ways of communication that you’re comfortable and able to communicate effectively and quickly with.
- Marine weather forecast. The marine weather forecast is different from land weather forecasts. The weather will be different on the water and can change suddenly.
- Keep an active lookout. We’re expecting a large number of vessels and spectator craft, meaning likely congestion on race days. Be a responsible skipper, keep your distance and don’t get too close to other boats.
- Know your wake. Your vessel may handle big waves and wake, but other vessels may not. Be a responsible skipper, keep your distance and don’t get too close to other boats.