ITM NEW ZEALAND SAIL GRAND PRIX | CHRISTCHURCH
GETTING TO AND FROM THE ITM NEW ZEALAND SAIL GRAND PRIX
FREE EVENT SHUTTLES
The most reliable, efficient and sustainable way to get to the ITM New Zealand Sail Grand Prix will be via official event shuttles, included in the price of all ticket categories. These FREE shuttles will depart from the city centre live site, located opposite Te Pae Christchurch Convention Centre each day, and return to Te Pae after racing.
- Shuttles from the city centre to Naval Point will begin at 11.30AM each day
- Shuttles will return to Te Pae after the racing, starting from 4.30PM
- The Race Village opens at midday
- Patrons are encouraged to get there early to enjoy the vibrant atmosphere on-site!
TRAFFIC MANAGEMENT, PARKING, TAXIS AND RIDESHARE
On both days of the ITM New Zealand Sail Grand Prix (Saturday 18 and Sunday 19 March), road closures will restrict access to Lyttelton for most vehicles between 12PM and 6PM.
- Only emergency vehicles, official event vehicles (buses and branded shuttles), taxis and vehicles with a clearly-displayed pass will be able to access Lyttelton during this time.
- There will be no public parking available in Lyttelton or at the Race Village.
- Branded taxis will be able to travel through closures, however rideshare services such as Uber will not.
- Find out more about event traffic management at christchurchnz.com/sailgp.
GETTING TO THE LIVE SITE VIA PUBLIC TRANSPORT - FREE FOR ALL TICKET HOLDERS
On Saturday 18 and Sunday 19 March, there will be free travel on Metro bus and ferry services for all SailGP ticket holders — just show your ticket to the driver! Public buses to Lyttelton will continue to operate over the event weekend but are expected to be very busy on both days of the event. The Diamond Harbour Ferry will be operating with as few disruptions as possible.
- Friday 17 March, ferries will not operate following the 12.50PM departure from Lyttelton (return trip). Services from Lyttelton are expected to resume from 5.45PM.
- Saturday 18 and Sunday 19 March, ferries will not operate following the 1.20PM departure from Lyttelton (return trip). Services from Lyttelton are expected to resume from 5.20PM.
- Find out more about public transport during SailGP at metroinfo.co.nz.
ACCESSIBLE TRANSPORT & PARKING
There will be fully accessible shuttles for patrons of all ages and abilities. Accessible shuttles will be clearly identifiable and GoBus employees and transport volunteers will be able to assist. If you wish to discuss any unique requirements, please contact Ticketek directly.